Summary: I'm a software engineer in the day (sometimes at night). I'm interested in many ideas and experiences. I like exploring, learning, and making things. I live in San Francisco, but was raised in western Canada.
Work stuff: I work at Affirm.
- Fundamentally an optimist, even though it doesn't always appear that way
- Wandering the streets of a new city is a great way to spend a day
- Interested in transportation and city infrastructure
- Learning approach is, "throw me into the deep end, and I'll improve over time"
- Love travel, but bad at learning new language and remembering names or details
- It's important to get outside in the sun
- Aim to do some kind of dedicated physical exercise once a day
- Cheap street food (where cooking can be seen and smelled) is often the best food
- A small portion of people do most of the original thinking for society, others follow
- People should be more aware of cognitive biases
- Gratitude is underrated, even though it's cliche